Gordon Kagawa | Chairman, President and CEO
Gordon helps to provide guidance to our team. As a 3rd generation family member of this agency, he strives to provide financial peace of mind to families and businesses.
Gordon received his bachelor of science degree from the University of Hawaii at Hilo in business management. He is a member of the National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies, the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors and is an active board member for the Honolulu Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Aloha Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
He achieved his Eagle Scout rank and also encouraged his son to achieve his Eagle Scout honor.
Gordon remembers a speech that was told of what was found in the wallet of the great coach Bear Bryant. It was called:
“The Magic Bank Account
Imagine that you had won the following *PRIZE* in a contest:
Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your personal use.
However, this prize has rules. The set of rules are as follow:
- Everything that you don’t spend each day will be taken away from you.
- You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
- You may only spend it.
- Each morning, upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for the new day.
- The bank can end the game without warning; at any time, it can say, “Game Over!” It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.
What would you personally do with your prize?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don’t know because you couldn’t possibly spend it all on yourself, right? You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew money would be replenished in the morning, right?
Actually, THIS GAME IS REAL. Shocked? Yes! Each of us is already a winner of a much more valuable *PRIZE*. We just don’t seem to realize it.
The prize is *TIME*
- Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
- And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us.
- What we haven’t used up that day is forever lost.
- Yesterday is forever gone.
- Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING.
So, WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH YOUR 86,400 seconds today?
Those seconds are worth much, much more than the same amount in dollars. Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.
So, take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life! Here’s wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day. Start “spending” your valuable *PRIZE* wisely.”
This reminds him of what life insurance can also provide to our loved ones, time and choices.
Gordon has experienced firsthand of how life insurance and proper financial planning can enable client’s loved ones to continue to fulfill their hopes, wants and dreams. He is so fortunate that his grown children are also seeing this value by helping to continue to support producers and advisors in providing financial advice in the best interests of their clients.